Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Custom function undefined error

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:44:39 -0800

On Feb 26, 2012, at 10:34 PM, vijay wrote:

Im writing a in wiretap/pacapng.c file which should be accessible from dumpcap.c. I have defined it in the pcapng.h
header file and
also included the header #include "wiretap/pcapng.h" inside dumpcap.c. But still build fails in dumpcap.c with error
that the function is undefined.

Is there anything should be done to make my function accessible inside dumpcap.c??

Yes.

Put it in pcapio.c, not in wiretap/pcapng.c; dumpcap isn't, and won't be, linked with Wiretap.