Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 46431: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-afs.c

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 15:58:21 -0800

On Dec 6, 2012, at 4:18 PM, Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com> wrote:

On 12/6/2012 6:44 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

Hmm.  Maybe the test for "can I enable -Wshadow" should be "does the
compiler support it *and* does it complain about names in prototype
declarations shadowing variables?", not just "does the compiler
support it?"

My thoughts, exactly, but left for another day ...

Checked in as rev 46475, but, for some unknown reason, the "does it complain about names in prototype declarations
shadowing variables?" test says "yes" on the Ubuntu buildbot; I can't reproduce it on my Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine.
Presumably the test compile is failing for some other reason.