Wireshark mailing list archives

getting absolute time of packet

From: yuva raj <ubuntuv () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:45:20 +0530

hi,

I am using tethereal.  I captured few packets, in which 10th packet is tcp
with timestamp 1.2436.

I set a filter for tcp and saved the filtered packets to another file.  The
resultant file the tcp packet as first packet and timestamp as 0.0000

Can someone tell me how to save the filtered packets and keep the timestamp
intact.  I want to get the timestamp 1.2436, as it is in my resultant file.

I tried the options in tethereal '-t a' and '-t r', but both resulted the
same, i.e. timestamp 0.0000

Thanks in advance.
uv.