Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: ssl digestor truncates the Server Hello ?

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:06:10 +0100

Arnaud,

The SSL dissector is not able to reassemble all of its data as the first TCP of the SSL record is received
out-of-order. The Certificate message starts in a second SSL record in frame 8 (the first SSL record in that frame
contains the ServerHello) and frame 6 is the continuation of that SSL record. There is a bug open to enhance reassembly
to include cases where the first segment of a higher protocol PDU (like the SSL record in this case) is received
out-of-order. I don't have the bug-id at hand now...

Cheers,
Sake