Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Packet Loss due to Disk Contention with Running Dumpcap in a high packet rate environment

From: John Powell <jrp999 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 07:13:20 -0600

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up - I have obtained a 300 G SSD that I will
experiment with.

I will let you know if I find the same result.

Richard suggested using XFS and putting the metadata onto the SSD.  I have
never worked with XFS before so if you are anyone else has any experience
with splitting metadata from an XFS file system to a different drive from
the data, guidance would be excellent!!

Thanks again for helping me work this issue through!

-John