Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: packet-rlc.c changes

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:34:33 +0200

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 09:56:40AM +0200, Rishie Sharma wrote:
"Remove a created-but-unused subtree (and its ett).  It's not obvious to
me  whether this tree was going to be used for something or not."

I was going to add a subtree so you can filter on the values easily
(instead of just proto_item_append_text:ing the values) but then I got
caught up in something else and forgot about it, it's not important.

Feel free to create a new bug or reopen the old one and submit a patch against
the current code - the code got removed because it didn't make sense as it
was, not because it was unacceptable once it gets actually used.

The changes to the ciphering and deciphering are because me and Jacob
Nordgren are trying around to see if we can actually decrypt an encrypted
RLC in the RLC code with a KASUMI algorithm implementation and yesterday we
did have some progress. I am unsure how the copyrights and licenses and
such work with this though, Jacob wrote the KASUMI by himself following the
3gpp specification. I wonder, would that be OK to put GPL on and commit to
the Wireshark SVN?

Sure! If it is your code, you can put any copyright on it that you like. And
if the copyright happens to be GPLv2+, then it is compatible with Wireshark :-)

Ciao
     Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>