Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Skype protocol dissector

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:45:11 +0200

Hallo Matthias,

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 10:47:56AM +0200, Matthias Bock wrote:
there is a project at GitHub,
uncovering the protocol structure of Skype.
Currently only UDP is documented (there is also
a TCP component somehow).

https://github.com/matthiasbock/OpenSkype/wiki/Skype's-UDP-Format

Documentation is not completed, but quite far
and dissecting (and decrypting) pcap captures
using Python on the console already works.

The "next step" would be to implement a Wireshark
dissector for "SkypeUDP".

I have no idea, how to do this ...
Anybody here who would like to help me? ;-)

Sure. Will implement something this WE. I will not implement any type of
detection, i.e. you will have to click on a packet and then select "decode as",
but apart from that, this sounds like my sort of fun.

Ciao
    Jörg

PS: I hang out on #wireshark on irc - obviously idle most of the time.
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>