Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Lua: dump segment data into file

From: Tony Trinh <tony19 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:53:08 -0400

See
http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/4639/extracting-soap-xml-payload?page=1#4835
.

That answer contains a Lua tap that extracts TCP data (specifically, SOAP
XML) and puts it into a file. You'll probably have to modify it slightly for
your purposes.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:13 AM, <j.kalsbach () jk-itberatung de> wrote:

Hi all,

I try to dump the segement data (tcp payload) of tcp connections into
files. Somehow I seem to miss the point. Neither tvb related functions nor
some fields allow me to get my hands on the raw segment data. Also the IO
functions only accept numbers or strings. I'm at this since quite a while
now and start getting frustrated.

Any clues on how to read and write the raw data during a tap?

The nearest I got was :write(tostring(tvb:range():**bytes())) but this
does not give the raw data.

I really appreciate any help.

Many thanks in advance!

BR,