Wireshark mailing list archives

Is it still ok to create hidden items ?

From: Teto <mattator () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:54:17 +0200

Hi,

Just had a question about what's the best practice. I have a packet
with a field contianing several keywords. I intend to split those
keywords so that one can filter display based upon a keyword.
My problem is am compelled to display each keyword separately (one
itemp per kewyord and group them in a subtree) or could I display all
of them in one item in the main tree (my preference) and then create
several hidden fields (one per keyword). I wonder if that last
solution is good since I read in proto.h :
/* HIDING PROTOCOL FIELDS IS DEPRECATED, IT'S CONSIDERED TO BE BAD GUI
DESIGN! */

What would you advise me ?

Matt