Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshnork - A snort plugin for Wireshark - Volunteers needed

From: Guillaume Arcas <guillaume.arcas () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:24:55 +0200

I should have said that this plugin - as well as the other ones
developped during GSoC - was developped by Jakub Zawadzki.

Sorry for the omission!

--

Guillaume -

2011/10/7 Guillaume Arcas <guillaume.arcas () gmail com>:
Hi Folks.

This year the Honeynet Project[1] mentored 12 projects for the Google
Summer of Code[2]. Project #8's goal was to extend Wireshark and
add it some forensics & security analysis plugins.

WireShnork[3] plugin allows applying Snort IDS[4] rules and signatures
against pcap files in Wireshark. This allows analysts to automatically
colorise packets that match a particular Snort IDS signature.

I'm looking for volunteers to help going on developing this plugin and
improving its features.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested.

PS: testers would also help, by the way.

[1] http://www.honeynet.org
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2011
[3] http://www.honeynet.org/gsoc/slot8, http://www.honeynet.org/node/716
[4] http://www.snort.org