Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Suggestion for IPv6 good book

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:40:58 -0700

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 07:41:03PM +0000, Marco Zuppone wrote:

I'm an avid user of Wireshark and I'm quite comfortable now to analyse
IPv4 traffic….but I'd really some good advice on IPv6. iI is a bit of
time I'd like to buy a good book about IPv6 but I do not know which
one to choose. It seems that some of them (with good reviews) are
quite dated and the newer have not exceptional feedbacks. Do you have
some titles to suggest me?

I learned IPv6 from "IPv6 Essentials" by O'Reilly.  I don't recall if it
was the 1st edition that came out in 2002 or the 2nd edition from 2006.
The edition I read had a number of outdated concepts, such as site local
addresses.  Since site local was deprecated in 2004 with RFC 3879, it
must have been the first edition that I read.  In either case, it was an
excellent book.