Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 39924: /trunk-1.6/ /trunk-1.6/: make-version.pl

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:55:03 -0800

On 11/18/11 8:18 AM, Bill Meier wrote:

If a build was done on Windows with the version of make-version.pl which
changed config.nmake, an svn revert config.nmake will be needed.

Among other things svn diff config.nmake will give an error message
about "inconsistent line endings" until this is done.

(config.nmake on a *nix system also needs to be reverted altho the file
obviously isn't actually used).

Are you using a native SVN client on Windows? I don't see the problem on
Cygwin (or on Linux or OS X for that matter). I checked in changes to
preserve line endings in r39938 (trunk) and r39939 (trunk-1.6).