Wireshark mailing list archives

Finding duplicate (conflicting) value_string entries

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson () googlemail com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:13:34 +0100

Hi,

I've written a patch to check for duplicate entries (i.e. the same value) in
the value_string used for hf items.
What I found was there are places where error codes are taken from multiple
places, but often have identical strings, so there is no real harm...

The patch I'm attaching also checks in the case of matching values that the
string is the same too, and warns on those.  I also attached the output I
just got from starting up wireshark here.  I don't think this patch should
be checked in, but it might possible be to do a similar check in one of the
scripts in the tools folder?

Best regards,
Martin