Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Display filters for application protocols

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard () gtech com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:28:56 +0000 (UTC)

Lukáš Oliva <olivalukas@...> writes:

I am doing some testing for the Diameter protocol and I noticed
interesting behaviour of the display filters. I noticed that if I run

tshark -r mypcap.pcap -R "diameter.cmd.code==302"

then the output contains afterwards also Diameter packets with
different diameter.cmd.code. I am not sure if it is actually a bug and
how tshark handles this filtering for application protocols.

Maybe you could post a [small] capture file that depicts the problem?