Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wondering about TCP checksum errors in AFP-over-TCP

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:03:33 -0600

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 06:52:16PM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:
Kok-Yong Tan skrev 2011-03-27 16:51:

It says that "Wireshark 1.2 and above disable IP, TCP and UDP
checksum by default."  Does this mean that it disables checksum
[validation] by default?  If so, note that I'm running Wireshark
1.4.3 with default settings on a MacOS X 10.5.8 system and I'm still
seeing the TCP checksum errors.

If you upgraded from an earlier version your (old)preferences will be
retained...

I added the words "New installations of" to the sentence on the Wiki
about Wireshark 1.2+ disable these validations by default for clarity.