Wireshark mailing list archives

Any suggestions for using wireshark to capture/display interactions over netlink?

From: Sam Roberts <vieuxtech () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:49:54 -0800

netlink is a linux IPC mechanism commonly used for complex
interactions between userspace and the linux kernel. The API uses
socket() with a PF_NETLINK, and sendfrom/recvfrom.

Since it's IPC, there is no ethX device to pcap - I'm wondering if
anybody knows of ways to watch netlink traffic?

I could build dissectors, if I had to, but I'm not too sure how to get
the captures.

Cheers,
Sam