Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to build on MACOS

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:44:15 +0200

On Jun 19, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Jun 19, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Michael Tüxen wrote:

After that you can follow the instructions at
https://nplab.fh-muenster.de/groups/wiki/wiki/fb7a4/Building_Wireshark_on_SnowLeopard.html

Do you need to install Cairo?  Unlike ATK, Pango, gdk-pixbuf, and GTK+, Cairo comes with Snow Leopard, at least:
Not sure. Maybe it is a leftover...

      $ ls /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.*
      /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib   /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.dylib

I'm not sure whether it comes with Leopard - I'll look at it when I'm at work and can more easily boot my development
machine from its Leopard partition.

Also, do you need PCRE with newer versions of GLib?  I think we use GLib's PCRE routines if available.
It was requested at some point of time. The stuff after the checkout of wireshark it optional.

We might want to put this either in README.macos or in the Developer's Guide.
That is a good idea. I'll put it in...

Best regards
Michael