Wireshark mailing list archives

Help SMB Video DVCPRO Reading Troubleshooting ?

From: Tal Bar-Or <tbaror () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:40:06 +0300

Hello,

I have current situation a client (win2k3) 1Gigbit net that using to edit
video with flowing format HD 100mbit(dvcpro) + 4 wave Chanel audio , the
media is located on storage nas(exanet ,redhat based). The issue is that
while the client reading the video and when he needs to slide/scroll back
the video the video is playing but the sound is getting behind the video
lip-sync. I did a trace of 60 sec in around 22 sec to 27 slide/scroll back
occur few sec after it we saw the sound getting behind the video lip-sync ,
in our video definition usually after 40ms DELAY we start to see lost frame
or lip-sync issues . i did some analyze on the trace i can see that the
storage having some delay read request issues few seconds after scrolling
back the video more than half a minute and even more further. whats bothers
me in the trace that when analyzing *tcp.analysis.ack_rtt* as well i can see
that there is some periods of trace more than 50ms delays from both client
and server , can i get into conclusion that the client suffer from some
network congestion or also the storage?. any idea and tips would be
appreciated since its one of my first *smb* analyzing. Please advice Thanks
[image: s4strace.png?psid=1]
-- [image: smbstat.png?psid=1]
Tal Bar-or