Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Number of packets

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 15:43:00 -0400

Artur Gontijo wrote:
Hi guys,

I have 2 doubt:

1 - How can I know the number of packets that was opened?

I'm not aware of a way to do that (unless you only want to count how many packets came to your dissector).

2 - How can I know when user opens another file? (I want to free some memory before the user opened a new file)

Register an initialization routing with register_init_routine(). This is not called when the file is closed but rather when a (new) file is opened which is often what you want.