Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 37846: /trunk/ /trunk/: dumpcap.c

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:34:10 -0700

On Jul 1, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Michael Tüxen wrote:

Actually I guess that WinPcap's pcap_open_live() somehow calls exit(127)... Not
that I expect WinPcap to call exit() at all

The only exit calls I see in the WinPcap source are inherited from libpcap, and they're in

        1) the DOS libpcap support;

        2) some code that is called "pcap-enet.c" but was never actually a pcap module for anything (perhaps it was
taken from a really old pre-libpcap tcpdump or something with the intent that it turn into a pcap module for "Stanford
Enetfilter")

so they're not used by WinPcap.  Perhaps something WinPcap calls in turn calls exit.