Wireshark mailing list archives

Getting data extracted by my dissector into another

From: "Colin Helliwell" <colin.helliwell () LN-Systems com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:35:45 +0100

I've developed a number of dissectors which dissect payload from those below
and decode their own protocol. Now I want to pass my payload 'ownward' to
another (the JSON dissector). I'd appreciate any tips on how to
initialise/register my protocol such that the JSON dissector sees it and/or
how to pass the payload on to it. A summary of the calls used would probably
do - enough to get me going in the right direction.

Thanks.