Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: finding the smoking gun for traffic spikes

From: Rogelio <scubacuda () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 00:18:44 -0300

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Rogelio <scubacuda () gmail com> wrote:
I've got several L2TP tunnels hitting a Cisco 7201 and am trying to
use Wireshark to determine what inside my tunnel responsible  queue
drops on one of interface responsible for the L2TP termination. I
inserted a Wireshark laptop in a hub between  the LAC and the LNS, and
I got a good 24 hour sniff of L2TP traffic.

Looks like I've found a good clue!  Out of one big file (200 MB, about
38,000 seconds), I see that 336 / 528 MBs is "ip.dst ==
239.255.255.250" !

--
Also on LinkedIn?  Feel free to connect if you too are an open
networker: scubacuda () gmail com