Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: WEP & WPA decryption

From: BigAl.NZ () gmail com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:00:29 +0000

Hi Kevin,

Good point. I am running on a Linux based system so with try escaping it.

I think my WEP capture was to do with not have the monitoring mode locked to a specific channel. I have done some experimenting @ home and successfully decrypted a WEP capture.

-Al

On , kevin creason <ckevinj () gmail com> wrote:
Just a thought- did you try escaping the % sign or enclosing with single quotes?

So, try \&abcde1234\%, or single quotes as in '%abcde1234%'

Certain specials characters are extra special. :)

On windows, system variables are referenced as %NAME%.

Other systems it can be Hash variable signifier...

It's just a thought- I'm not sure if this is even remotely possible,

but it's always good to check.

-Kevin

/*“ I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not

know what can't be done. ” -- Henry Ford */