Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Increase minimum GLib and GTK+ versions?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:41:43 -0600

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 10:48:21AM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:

Is there any reason we shouldn't make GLib 2.14.0 and GTK+ 2.12.0 the
minimum required versions to build Wireshark? This would let us get
rid of a lot of instances of "#if GLIB_CHECK_VERSION" and #if
GTK_CHECK_VERSION". Both were released almost four years ago. Each of
the GLib and GTK+ releases from 2005 to 2007 are listed below:

It's fine by me like usual :).  The main reason that comes to mind is I
believe Solaris ships with version 2.4 still according to something I
read.