Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: tcp.time_delta column with tshark

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:05:24 +1100

When you connect to a proxy via HTTP and through that that proxy
connect to a HTTPS web server, it is still using SSL for the
encryption layer. The proxy passes through the SSL of course, as it
won't have the private key of the web server.

If you are trying to decrypt SSL passing through a HTTP proxy, you
will need to apply the private key of the HTTPS web server specify
the IP address of the proxy.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99 () gmail com