Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: HTTP filter

From: David Alanis <canito () dalan us>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 22:59:07 -0600

Andrej-

That's a good question.

I know in Wireshark under edit > preferences > protocols > HTTP you
define which ports should be displayed as HTTP in the GUI.

But maybe ultimately the /usr/share/wireshark/services file determines
what port will be treated as that specific type of traffic?

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Hyper_Text_Transfer_Protocol

Cheers-
David