Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Question about tcp window scaling value

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 16:58:18 +0100

On 8 jan 2011, at 15:12, Douglas Wood wrote:

I have tried the options that you have stated.  It doesn't appear to make
any difference.  For what it's worth, tshark seems to generate the correct
values for TCP Window Size.  PDML output is different for tshark than
Wireshark.

I just updated the code for TCP window scaling (as per bug 5541), could you try an automated build from
http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/ (use an installer number that is 35425 or higher, available in a couple of
hours) to see whether this also fixed your output issues?

If it didn't, could you please file a bug report at https://bugzilla.wireshark.org. Please provide the capture file,
tshark pdml output and wireshark pdml output so we can find out why you see a difference.

Cheers,

Sake