Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 1.6: End support of older Windows Compilers/SDKs ?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 01:45:13 -0800

On Feb 3, 2011, at 1:37 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:

Possibly taking us off in a tangent, but I think the code detecting the compiler in use is actually wrong.  IMHO hat
is more important is the SDK that is being used.

So the command-line flags we'd use with the compiler and linker are *solely* dependent on the SDK?

If not, then we need to check the toolchain in use (as we do now) to determine what flags to use, as well as, perhaps,
also checking the SDK.