Wireshark mailing list archives

Packet Builder

From: Barry Constantine <Barry.Constantine () jdsu com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:05:24 -0800

Hi,

I need to generate custom Ethernet OAM frames and am looking for a good way to do this.

I'll have to change a lot of specific fields and generate a lot of traffic and so far all I've found are freeware tools
that let me edit the hex.

I can load a capture file and then manually edit hex but this is painful.

It would be ideal if there was a similar tool that understood Wireshark dissectors (since Wireshark decodes OAM) and
then I could just change the specific fields more easily.

Thanks,
Barry