Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 35975: /trunk/epan/dfilter/ /trunk/epan/dfilter/: dfilter-macro.c dfilter.c

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:38:01 -0800

On Feb 17, 2011, at 1:23 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

And they appear to understand that it would be a bug:

It doesn't appear that MSVS Premium Edition is cheap (a mere USD 5,469.00); Gerald, did that money buy you the ability
to submit a bug about this?  It looks a bit tiresome to keep working around that bug by adding explicit comparisons
against NULL, and we'd have to enforce that bit of coding style by adding the explicit comparison against NULL every
time we get some new code that pops up warnings.