Wireshark mailing list archives

RFC: Should ip.addr also match on ARP packets

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:51:29 +0100

Hello,

I've created a small patch that will allow ip.addr to match on arp
requests/replies as well as the previous stuff. It comes quite handy
but as this kind of thing is a bit unusual I thought I'd ask first.
There is precedence for matching on another dissector's fields with
ipv6 matching on ipv4's version field.

Ciao
   Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>