Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark fails to display UDP packets

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:59:55 -0700

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 11:20:59PM +0530, PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL wrote:

dissecting until the IP layer, but not beyond that. I saw that some
packets emitted by other computer is seen as UDP. I have attached a
screenshot explaining what I mean.

Attaching a short packet capture is better than a large (compared to the
e-mail text) image file.

What I don't understand is, why wireshark does not detect UDP
protocol, when IP protocol has already detected it. Maybe that will
help me see what mistake is done in the frame.

I suspect it is because the packets are fragmented IP.  Do you have the
"reassemble fragmented IPv4 datagrams" preference enabled under the IPv4
protocol preferences?