Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: View Frame details on right side

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:56:47 -0700

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 11:13:57PM +0530, PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL wrote:

How do I view the Frame data and the dissected protocol info on the
right side, instead of downside of the Wireshark window? For example
you have this feature in outlook, and I find it quite useful when my
monitor is very wide.

Go to Preferences under the Edit menu and then Layout under User
Interface.  In the top under Panes, you can arrange it any way you wish
or pick one of the six combinations already defined.