Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Versions ?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:13:13 -0700

---- On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:44:25 -0700 stan  wrote ----

How can I make certain I have a current version of Wireshark on my Ubuntu
LTS machines?

What version do you have installed?  I'm not familiar with the Ubuntu packages, but if they're not as up-to-date as you
would like, you can always download the source code and compile the latest version for yourself from
http://www.wirshark.org.  It is possible that the contractor is running a "daily" build of the current development
versions (1.7.x) based on the SVN trunk, which are also available as source code at
http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/src/.