Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: N in 1 packets

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:44:06 -0800

On Dec 10, 2011, at 10:23 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

So if those 16-byte frames have no internal structure (for example, you don't have a time stamp in each frame), but
are just like, for example, the line boundaries in a hex dump, my inclination would be to have the pcap module break
the byte stream into packets, even if that means that it needs to buffer a partial packet in a case where a 16-byte
frame contains the beginning of a packet but not the end of the packet.

This is why I love ARM Ltd so much - they just *love* saying "sorry, *that* document is only available to registered
ARM customers":

        http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ihi0029b/index.html

I've inferred from other stuff that I've seen that the CoreSight Architecture Specification documents what the trace
messages in question look like.