Wireshark mailing list archives

Store a string in temporary tvb buffer and read it using function proto_tree_add_item

From: Mrunal Upadhyay <m.upadhyay () sta samsung com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:41:15 -0500

Dear All,

Is there a way to store a string in a temporary tvb buffer and then in the dissection logic use this tvb buffer in the
in order to read this temporary string using function proto_tree_add_item and assign it to one of the filter fields.

The reason for creating a temporary buffer is because this information is not supplied in the default tvb buffer which
contains all the packet information. And I want this information so that I can filter the column on the basis of the
value fetched from this temporary buffer tvb.

Thanks