Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 38350: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: capture_dlg.c capture_dlg.h capture_if_dlg.c capture_if_dlg.h main_welcome.c main_welcome.h menus.c menus.h /trunk/: capture.c capture_ifinfo.c capture_ifinfo.h

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 23:09:10 +0200

On Aug 5, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

And some more comments:

* "Capture packets in monitor mode" is enabled for devices not supporting this.
If there is a way to figure out if it is supported, we should handle that correctly,
I agree.
* When manually selecting all interfaces in the list, should the
checkbox "Capture on all interfaces" be automatically checked?
Hmm. Not sure. Does this help? This would required counting. But it
could be done.
* I get wrong link-layer for some of my remote (rpcap) devices.  This
used to work before.
Hmm. This needs to be fixed. Can you provide some hints what is going
wrong? We haven't seen this in our testing.
* Maybe we should bring up the "Edit Interface Settings" window when
double-clicking the interface in the Welcome page?
Maybe.
* We also need some documentation changes :)
This is already on the ToDo list. But I want to get the GUI stable
before Irene will work on the documentation.

Best regards
Michael

--
Stig Bjørlykke