Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: stable release 1.6.1 is core dumped on Fedora 13, 15

From: Ngo Hoang Thang <ngohoangthang () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 22:21:56 +0700

Hi,

Backtrace file is attached.

Thanks,

On 8/5/2011 2:32 AM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:25 PM, Roland Knall wrote:

An exception in packet.c can be nearly anything. The backtrace is what
I am looking for,
Yes, as I said.  My point is that sending us the core dump won't necessarily make it possible for us to get a
backtrace; getting the backtrace on the machine where the crash was occurring, and just sending us the backtrace, would work
far better (and result in a much smaller mail message - the backtrace is a lot fewer bytes than the core dump).