Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: clang core dump on plugins/giop/packet-parlay.c

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:46:08 -0700

On Apr 21, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Sébastien Tandel wrote:

Hey Stephen!

might be worth sharing with clang team, don't you think?

A (non-public) bug has already been filed on it.

Have you tried to disable packet-parlay to check whether it is the only dissector creating such an issue?

It takes about 2GB or more of memory in the static analyzer to analyze dissect_parlay(); is the static analyzer built
64-bit or 32-bit, or is it running out of swap space+memory?

Perhaps if the CORBA-IDL-to-Wireshark-dissector tool didn't generate 3MB of source code, this would be less of a
problem.  (The lights dim when packet-parlay.c is compiled....)