Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Strange problem

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:00:05 +0200

On 21 apr 2011, at 09:41, Someone Somebody wrote:

The problem is that I do have quite a few devices and computer that use this connection and in addition a VoIP device
that I can't seem to manage to get into it's interface and thus won't work without DHCP.
I couldn't find any firmware, especially since it's a special model ordered and given by my isp (their logo on the
router's case and in the firmware is quite obvious). (Netgear DGN2200v2)
I think I'm going to try and replace the router soon if I can't fix this and if I encounter problems at least the
other model I saw at my friend has a beta firmware with fixes. (Something about them locking WMM off due to some
incompability they encountered without considring the fact that in addition to obviously losing wmm, on some cards
this locks you out from 802.11n mode.

If you want to make a case to your ISP about this router, you might want to capture all the DHCP traffic (4 packets per
half lease time) for a couple of hours[1]. It will show them how the router is messing up your connections. If you want
to check here first if there is indeed something going wrong, please feel free to post the DHCP trace to the list.

Cheers,

Sake

[1]  You can use the capture filter "udp port 67 or 68" to capture the DHCP traffic