Wireshark mailing list archives

Fwd: Re: was: Adding Files to Wireshark

From: "Chaswi Przellczyk" <cp70 () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:52:55 +0200

Uhm... sorry.
Something went wrong with my last post.
Here's what I wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:01:20 -0400
Von: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew () gmail com>
An: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
CC: Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70 () gmx de>
Betreff: Re: [Wireshark-dev] (no subject)

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70 () gmx de> wrote:

Dear Anders,

I'm feeling a bit silly here, since "wireshark trunk" only makes sense
me in using the trunk-branch of wireshark to do that and I have found
three
of those
   * 1.5 (unstable) trunk
   * 1.4 (stable) trunk
   * 1.2 (old stable) trunk

But unfortunately I'm unable to find out what you really mean. Sorry.

1.5 is the 'next' version where all new features are being added and
tested
(and thats why its unstable)
1.4 is the 'current' release tree - bug fixes only (thats why its stable)
1.2 was the 'previous' stable version

Dear Fulko,

thanks for clarifying. That's what I had assumed previously, but I cannot see where any of those three would do what I
wanted in the beginning - which is determine or enter the sampling rate of an RTP-Audio stream (as is done in
tap-rtp-common.c --> rtp_packet_analyse(...) ).

Anders wrote that "wireshark trunk" would do that:

If you use wireshark trunk clock rate is extracted from SDP I think, does
that solve your problem?
/Anders

But none of the above mentioned "trunks" does that.

Regards,
CP

--