Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: was: Adding Files to Wireshark (new developer)

From: "Chaswi Przellczyk" <cp70 () gmx de>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 00:47:01 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:54:40 -0600
Von: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
An: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Betreff: Re: [Wireshark-dev] was: Adding Files to Wireshark (new developer)

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 02:36:50PM -0400, Bill Meier wrote:

Take at look at the data struct passed to register_tap() (or whatever
it's called) when the tap is created by the dissector.

I'm not a 'tap' expert, but I think a ptr to that struct is passed to
the tap callback fcn called for each frame.

The tap_queue_packet() function takes three parameters:

void tap_queue_packet(int tap_id, packet_info *pinfo, const void
*tap_specific_data)

The third value, tap_specific_data can be used to pass any data you
would like from a dissector to the tap functions.

Dear Stephen,

BIG THANK YOU! That made my day :) :)
^^^

Now it's weekend!