Wireshark mailing list archives

How to use wireshark to find ethernet settings

From: RC <larbacroot () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:12:00 +0100

Hi all,

I am a begginer to wireshark. I have look at the manual and some tutorial
videos but I can not find what I need.

I have a Printer connected to a Switch (unmanaged) which is connected to
another unmanaged switch where I have all my PC's also connected..
So it looks like Printer > Switch1 >Switch2 < Pc

I captures the traffic in order to try to find in what speed/mode 100MB Full
or Half Duplex is the printer communicating with the switch. Where to check
this on the trace?

I also would like to know if its possible to performe a word search on a
trace file. If I would like to find all words matching "authentication" how
would I do.

Thanks