Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: library wireshark in ruby

From: Gregory Seidman <gsslist+wireshark () anthropohedron net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:04:19 -0400

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 07:44:51AM +0000, diouf karim wrote:
I'm doing my project of 4th year of university and the theme of this
project is to realize a network analyser with web interface close to what
wireshark proposes. So its necessary to mapper the wireshark library in
the ruby language, that will allow me after to dissector the packets
captured.

I have been looking for some manual or documentation about the library on
the net but no success. After all i decided to join the developpers
mailing list to post the question and learn about development of
wireshark library. Is there any manul or documentation , as every
programming libarary and any ideas are welecome.

Your best bet is probably FFI. You'll need to understand the libwireshark C
API and map it into a Ruby module.

Thanks in advance
--Greg