Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: need help with decrypting ssl messages

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 21:45:00 -0600

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 01:29:54PM -0700, Al wrote:

ssl_generate_keyring_material not enough data to generate key (0x17
required 0x37 or 0x57)

When I am listening on the ip I as client am sending files like
2-3megs. I browsed through the wireshark frames but i dont really see
anything that's that big... i am curious as to whether the data's size
isn't being shown or the file was never transmitted?

Did your capture get every byte of each packet or was it cut off (a low
"snaplen" or "snapshot length" setting).