Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Query regarding PPP PAP decoding

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard () gtech com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:47:16 +0000 (UTC)

 <sippyemail-wireshark@...> writes:

Thats true. However I am wondering why is it not shown in the decoding (or the
middle ) pane? This is where all
the other
details are shown, then why not the Peer id and Password?
Is it for some sort of "security"? It doesnt seem to help though,
as the data is anywhere available in the "raw packet" view.

I don't think there's any particular reason why the bytes are not shown except
that that's how the author of the PAP dissector (Laurent Rabret as far as I can
tell) wrote the code way back in 2001.

Feel free to submit a patch to add the bytes.