Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Has anybody successfully built a static version of Wireshark or TShark *with* plugin support?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:36:24 -0700

On Oct 11, 2010, at 12:04 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

Is there *any* platform on which you can build a 100% statically-linked Wireshark or TShark *and* have support for
plugins?  If not, there's probably not much point in leaving in any support for it.

...where by "it" in "leaving in any support for it" I'm not referring to a statically-linked Wireshark or TShark, I'm
referring to one that is statically-linked *and* supports loading plugins.