Wireshark mailing list archives

Strange desegmentation code in packet-ssl?

From: Kaul <mykaul () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:56:26 +0200

Any idea why isn't the SSL dissector using the straightforward
desgementation facilities available by Wireshark?
It is left over from ancient times? It seems like a complex piece of work,
instead of nicely using the PDUs dissection infrastructure - and I believe
that SSL is a classic protocol for this.

Specifically, it seems to fail to desegment segmented records in the
handshake process (on SSL on a non-standard port, coincidence?).
I wonder how much of an effort it'd be to 'convert' it. Anyone looked at it
before?

TIA,
Y.