Wireshark mailing list archives

Own dissector

From: kris1 () chefmail de
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 19:24:29 +0100

I wrote an own dissector for a propriatary protocol running on top of TCP which is working well. The test protocol
transports another protocol (SSCOP) in its "data" PDU. What I want to do now is to be able to see the decoded SSCOP in
wireshark. I thought this could be done with "decode as" but the dialog does only show IP (/TCP) based protocols. Do I
need to change my dissector to enable the dialog for showing SSCOP in the selection list? Or how to achieve this?

Exklusiv: Neue E-Mail-Adresse @iPhone.de jetzt verfügbar!
Sichern Sie sich jetzt ihre persönliche E-Mail-Adresse () iphone de