Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: TCP connection is still in ESTABLISH state actually it is disconnected

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood () fl net au>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 08:43:10 +1000

Bo Xu wrote:
Hello Andew ,

   There is firewall in the whole path .

    I have captured the packets about 3 hours , the file size is 24 , but
after i download it ,there is not any packets.

   -rw-r--r--    1 root     system           24 May 31 19:34 65274.pcap

   So if i want to fix this issue , i have to change my application code
slightly ?

Yes. You will have to add a setsockopt() call after opening the socket
to set SO_KEEPALIVE. This was written on Linux. I don't have a p-Series
at home.

int tcp_socket;
int keepalive=1;
int rc;
tcp_socket = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
rc=setsockopt(tcp_socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_KEEPALIVE, &keepalive,
sizeof(int));

--
                -- Dr. Who